Thursday, March 11, 2010

Who am I?

Well, I am hybrid. I was born and raised in Japan, but now have lived in US for over 15 years. Have two kids who are "hybrid" and I drive hybrid cars. I am not quite a 100% Japanese any more and I will never been a 100% American. (What is 100% American, anyway?) If I try to describe myself that way, I must be floating somewhere near Hawaii (geographically between Japan and mainland US). What a great place to be, right? Well not always and that can be confusing.

As much as it is confusing, I thought I should enjoy being a "hybrid."

I recently bought two t-shirts saying "Octagon, Hexagon, Oregon" and "Tree Hugger" at Saturday Market. Have you seen a Japanese hippie? I love recycling! I have not made my own compost, but that might be next.

You know how funky Japanese people dress? Well, I don't do that, but my kids started to. Have to love those "hybrid" kids.

Those are the reason, I chose the title. I thought I share my life as a hybrid mom with whoever might be interested in. Welcome to my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment