Thursday, April 1, 2010

Out at the Tulip Festival

Tulip is one of my favorite flowers.

I have known about the tulip festival for a while and have not missed since my oldest daughter "Big H" was 1 year old.
The last year was one of the unforgettable: Visited with three old Japanese ladies (my mom and two aunts) and it was definitely a different experience than the others. More time in gift shop than out looking at flowers because 1. it was "too cold", 2. they LOVE nik-naks sold at gift shops. I know for the fact their houses are full of nik-naks.




It was a cool but the only dry day in this week. Taking advantage on weekday (less crowded and less expensive parking) and enjoyed the visit. "Little H" seemed more interested in playing in mud, and entertained us a lot. Something "Big H" would have never have done at that age.

And, only when we were leaving, we realized her favorite toy "Sponge Bob" had vanished from her hand, somewhere in the huge tulip field. I searched while "little H" was distracted by ice cream, but no luck. The Sponge Bob was long gone...

"Little H" cried herself to sleep longing for her tiny yellow friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment