Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Avoid Handmade (for now)

I love handmade. They are unique and always have some personal touch to the products.

Living in Portland is great for handmade lovers like me. But, it certainly hits hard my bank account. I enjoy Saturday Market, and recently my friend introduced me to First Thursday in Pearl District which was almost like mini Saturday Market. We must have spent about $250 in the last month and half by going to these events. As much as we love and use the things we bought, we need to cut back and control ourselves on expenditure at these places.

But, we decided to go back last Sunday when it was nice out.
With one goal. "WE WILL NOT BUT ANYTHING"
We went there to eat the vender food, so excluding that, we did not buy ANYTHING. So, our will was strong.

Then, we went to Rose Garden where the kids can run around (for free) and then the playground (again for free).



What a great way to spend Sundays. I love it when we get to have fun and it does not cost anything!

I must avoid handmade for now, but I cannot stay away from them forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment