Thursday, April 15, 2010

Portland Food Carts

The last three days, I have visited food carts on SW Alder and 10th. Full of great food at great price! I became a fan of Food Carts Portland on Facebook recently to get updates.




The last Tuesday, I tried Chicken and Rice from Nong's Khao Man Gai. The long line was good indication, so it must be good. $6 for that was not expensive at all. What a wonderful meal! The spicy sauce on chicken and rice.... Yum!

Yesterday, I wanted to try Thai food, so my choice was Sawasdee Thai Food. I have been a HUGE fan of green curry, so I decided to give a try here.


I must say the curry was great but it would have been even better if it was on jasmine rice instead of steamed short grain rice. Slightly on the spicy side even ordered as mild, but great flavor.

Today's choice was Vietnamese food. Forgot the name of the cart, but the line was moderate. I translate that as neither good or bad, just average maybe?
Ordered chicken noodle pho. Quantity was more than enough. Again, never been disappointed with food carts when you are only paying so little.

We walked to a new park area west of Fox Tower and ate there the last two days.
AND, we found a food cart that we should try there.




The name is Violetta; only use local (Washington and Oregon) organic food to make their things on menu! I got to try a potato chip and it was delicious.

There are countless food carts here in this city, and I am just getting started!


No comments:

Post a Comment