Friday, May 21, 2010

Giving up the Best Strawberries

I have huge passion for food. That sounds wonderful, but in other words, I love to eat. And, I eat like a vacuum. My oldest daughter had told me that in the past.

She knows my favorite food: Strawberries.

This time of the year, we have wonderful strawberries here in Oregon.
Almost every week, we buy them at farmer's market.




This one is from a Tuesday farmer's market at OHSU. I bought 3 pints at Saturday farmer's market and by Sunday morning, the three containers were empty!! So, it was unplanned, but I replenished with the ones from Tuesday farmer's market.

Knowing how much I love strawberries, I was sort of surprised to say that I hardly ate any of the strawberries from farmer's markets. The girls did! This is another sign of being a mom; give up your favorite food so your kids can have them.
Seeing the kids happy faces with red mustache is all worth of giving up the best strawberries around here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment